1. Who We Are
Where you provide us with personal information in any of the ways as described in the 2. What Personal Data Is Collected And Why section below, you agree that we may collect, store and use it:
- in order to perform our obligations to you the user
- based on our legitimate interests for processing (i.e. internal administrative purposes or for the detection or prevention of crimes)
- based on your consent, which you may withdraw at any time, as described in this policy
These policy practices may differ from that of other websites and companies that AkhMorning.com does not own or control, nor that of people that AkhMorning.com does not employ nor manage. Please read the following policy to understand how your personal information will be handled as you use our website.
The policy may change over time, so please refer back to it every so often.
2. What Personal Data Is Collected And Why
To the extent permissible under applicable law, AkhMorning collects information about you and any other party whose details you provide to us when you:
- complete online forms (such as post comments via Disqus or registering as a site contributor) or participate in any other interactive areas that appear on our website
- contact us offline, for example by email
- interact with us using social media
- provide your contact details to us when accessing any websites or services we make available or when you update those details
- provide your details when supporting AkhMorning via Patreon
Through our analytics we also collect information from your devices (including mobile devices) and browsers you use to access and use any of our websites or services (for example, we may collect the device identification number and type, location information and connection information such as statistics on your page views, traffic to and from the sites, referral URL, ad data, and your IP address). We may do this using cookies or similar technologies. This is done for our own internal administrative purposes and detection or prevention of malicious behavior or crime.
If you intend giving us personal information about someone else, you are responsible for ensuring that you comply with any obligation and consent obligations under applicable data protections laws. In so far as required by applicable data protection laws, you must ensure that beforehand you have their explicit consent to do so and that you explain to them how we collect, use, disclose and retain their personal information or direct them to read our Privacy Notice
2.a Comments Via Disqus
2.b Cookies And Traffic Data
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment.
Targeting or advertising cookies are used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign. They are usually placed by advertisers, advertising agencies or ad servicing technologies. They remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organizations such as advertisers.
There are cookies that are stored for the purpose of Analytics. More detailed explanation of which Third Party services we use and how to opt out of data tracking through cookies these services create are described in the 3. Analytics section.
We keep a record of traffic data which is logged automatically by our servers (both our web site servers and our ad serving technologies), such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, device information, the website that you visited before ours and the website you visit after leaving our site. We also collect some site and service statistics such as access rates and page views. We are not able to identify any individual from traffic data or site statistics.
You may be able to configure your browser or our website or the websites of our partners to restrict cookies or block all cookies if you wish, however if you disable cookies you may find this affects your ability to use certain parts of our website, or services.
For more information about cookies and instructions on how to adjust your browser settings to accept, delete or reject cookies, see the www.youronlinechoices.co.uk website.
2.c Data From Patreon
If you pledge as a Patron to AkhMorning, you are providing us with personal information such as your name, address, email and telephone number. We keep a record of this information so that it is used solely for the purpose of delivering goods to you via our chosen courier service UPS.
Analytics are intended to help us understand how visitors use our website to help improve our the quality of our services. We use third party tools that create cookies and store necessary technical information.
To opt-out of Google Analytics storing data in cookies when you visit our website please visit this page.
4. Embedded Content From Other Websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
These websites may include:
5. Sharing Your Information
We may share your information with:
- third parties which process information on our behalf (e.g. internet service and platform providers, advertising networks, supply side platforms and data management platforms) so that they may help us to provide you with the products, services and information you have requested or which we believe is of interest to you
- partners, including website and mobile app publishers, resellers and developers that may help us to provide you with the products, services and information you have requested or which we believe is of interest to you
- third parties where you have a relationship with that third party and you have consented to us sending information (for example social media sites or other third party application providers)
- third parties for marketing purposes (e.g. our partners and other third parties with whom we work and whose products or services we think will interest you)
- law enforcement agencies so that they may detect or prevent crime or prosecute offenders
- any third party in the context of actual or threatened legal proceedings, provided we can do so lawfully (for example in response to a court order)
- another organization if we sell or buy (or negotiate to sell or buy) any business or assets
- another organization to whom we may transfer our agreement with you
- government departments where reporting is mandatory under applicable law
We may share non-personally identifiable information about the use of our website, applications, products or services publicly or with third parties but this will not include information that can be used to identify you.
6. Your Information And Your Rights
If you are based within the EEA or within another jurisdiction having similar data protection laws, in certain circumstances you have the following rights:
- the right to be told how we use your information and obtain access to your information
- the right to have your information rectified or erased or place restrictions on processing your information
- the right to object to the processing of your information e.g. for direct marketing purposes
- the right to have any information you provided to us on an automated basis returned to you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, or sent directly to another company, where technically feasible (“data portability”) where the processing of your information is based on your consent, the right to withdraw that consent subject to legal or contractual restrictions
- the right to object to any decisions based on the automated processing of your personal data, including profiling
- the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority responsible for data protection matters
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
We will retain your personal information for the duration of our business relationship and afterwards for as long as is necessary and relevant for our legitimate business purposes, in accordance with our data retention, marking and destruction policy or as otherwise permitted applicable laws and regulation. Where we no longer need your personal information, we will dispose of it in a secure manner (without further notice to you).
AkhMorning is intended for general audiences and is not directed to children under 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you become aware that a child has provided us with personal information without parental consent, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information without parental consent, we will take steps to remove such information.
8. Security And Storage Of Information
We will keep your information secure by taking appropriate technical and organisational measures against its unauthorised or unlawful processing and against its accidental loss, destruction or damage. We will do our best to protect your personal information but we cannot guarantee the security of your information which is transmitted to our website or services or to other website, applications and services via an internet or similar connection.
If we have given you (or you have chosen) a password to access certain areas of our websites or services please keep this password safe – we will not share this password with anyone.
If you believe your account has been compromised, please contact us at email@example.com.
9. Transfers Outside Of The European Economic Area (EEA)
Personal information in the European Union is protected by data protection laws but other countries do not necessarily protect your personal information in the same way.
Our website and some of our applications or services or parts of them are hosted in the United States or otherwise outside of the EEA (which means all the EU countries plus Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein) (“EEA”) and this means that we may transfer any information which is submitted by you through the website or the application or service outside the EEA to the United States or to other territories outside of the EEA. When you send an email to us, this will also be stored on email servers which are hosted in the United States and therefore may be outside of the EEA.
We may use service providers based outside of the EEA to help us provide our website and services to you and this means that we may transfer your information to service providers outside the EEA for the purpose of providing our advertising and services to you.
AkhMorning takes steps to ensure that where your information is transferred outside of the EEA by our service providers and hosting providers, appropriate measures and controls are in place to protect that information in accordance with applicable data protection laws and regulations. In each case, such transfers are made in accordance with the requirements of Regulations (EU) 2016/679 (the General Data Protection Regulations or GDPR) and may be based on the use of the European Commission’s Standard Model Clauses for transfers of personal data outside the EEA.
By using our website, products or services or by interacting with us in the ways described in this Privacy Notice, you consent to the transfer of your information outside the EEA in the circumstances set out in this Privacy Notice. If you do not want your information to be transferred outside the EEA you should not use our website, applications or services.
10. Further Information
If you have any queries about how we treat your information, the contents of this notice, your rights under local law, how to update your records or how to obtain a copy of the information that we hold about you, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.